- Humanism is a positive way of life based on reason and experience. Humanists believe in the natural not the supernatural.
- Morality springs from respect for each other and in recognising the need to live together in harmony and cooperation.
- Individual beliefs should not be imposed on others nor should privileges be gained through particular beliefs.
- Humanists seek solely rational ways of solving human problems.
- Support and represent Humanists in Devon. Provide opportunities to discuss Humanist topics and to meet socially.
- Promote Humanism by publicising Humanist philosophy and supporting our schools in teaching about Humanism.
- Advocate secularism in education and in civil affairs.
- Provide information about humanist ceremonies for those who prefer a non-religious celebration of life's rites of passage.